Monday, August 26, 2013

Living with HIV/Aids - God, can you help?



Dear God,
I have HIV/Aids. Or I have someone in my family who has HIV/Aids.
We are suffering, and need your help.
I feel so alone.
Are you there?

God's answer is 
Of course I am here!
I am here to help you through your darkest hours, and deepest difficulties.
Reach out to me, and let's look at what we can do.

Read my words of comfort which I ensured would be there for you at this time of your need.
"Come to me, all you who are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden light." (Matthew 11:28-30)
This means that I would love for you to come to me, and let me share this burden with you.

You are sick. 
Well, I healed many who were sick, but better than that, I was their friend and comforter in their time of trouble. 
So come to me, sit with me, and let's look at this. 
The very fact that you are sick and suffering means that you, my dearest child, have special attention and love from me.
I always made it clear in the words I inspired in the Scriptures that my children who are suffering, in difficulties and in danger are very close to my heart and only have to call for me to hear them.

So you have received HIV/Aids diagnosis.
There are a number of things you can do. 
Get good medical help, and be sure to take your medicines and treatment. 
There are great medications called Antiretroviral Medications, which are most helpful. 
If you have HIV/Aids, you will need to speak to your partner about your diagnosis, and get good medical advice on how to cope with the situation. 
Illness means that you have to be practical, and thoughtful of others' health.
If you are a pregnant mother, get good guidance from your doctor to lower your risk of infecting your baby.

Now, as to how to cope. 
Is there someone you love, someone who cares for you who will listen to you, and be there for you during this time?
Be aware that I will be there for you anytime at all that you turn to me in prayer.
You can do this. And I will be with you.

Whenever you are feeling lonely or a little scared as you courageously walk your path of illness, there are prayers which may help you feel better.
Psalm 23 tells of the special love I have for you;
"The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in the paths of righteousness, 
for His Name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil.
For you are with me:
Your rod and Your Staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me,
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me,
all the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Remember my child, you will get through this.
A diagnosis is just that; a diagnosis.
Illness happens to all at some time or another.
What is important is that you have the right help to get you through this difficult time.
And my promise is that I will always - always - be there for you.

Rest in my love.
You can deal with this.
You are my child, are you not? Made in my Image and Likeness.
Your are infinitely precious, my heart's treasure.
Every step you walk in your illness, I will be there with you, watching you.
How could I not?
My Son Jesus also walked the path of pain and difficulty in earthly life, He knows just exactly what it's like.
So be very sure you will never ever be left alone.

Rest in my love, and don't be shy to call to me - anytime - when you're feeling lonely or a little unsure.
I'll be thrilled to be there for you. . .

HIV: The Basics
http://www.thewellproject.org/en_US/HIV_The_Basics/

Mother to Baby Transmission
http://www.aidsmap.com/Mother-to-baby-transmission/page/1044918/

No comments:

Post a Comment