Saturday, January 7, 2023

CATECHISM QUESTIONS

 


CATECHISM QUESTIONS:

GENERAL

1. Who made you?

God made me.

2. Who is God?

God is my Father in heaven.

3. Why did God make you?

God made me because He loves me.

4. How can I thank God for making me?

I can thank God for making me by loving Him with my whole heart, and loving my neighbor as myself.

5. How can I show my love for God?

I can show my love for God by serving Him and my neighbor.

6. Who is Jesus?

Jesus is the Son of God Who became Man for us.

7. Who sent Jesus to us?

God the Father in heaven sent Jesus to us.

8. Why did God send Jesus to us?

God sent Jesus to us to save us and show us the way to the Father.

9. What does the name Jesus mean?

The name Jesus means God saves.

10. How did Jesus save us?

Jesus saved us by dying on the cross, rising from the dead and sharing His new life with us.

11. How does Jesus share His new life with us?

Jesus shares His new life with us when we are baptized and receive the Holy Spirit.

12, In Whose Name are we baptized?

We are baptized in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

13. What do we call the mystery of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit?

We call the mystery of the Father, Son and  Holy Spirit, the mystery of the Blessed Trinity.

14. What is the mystery of the Blessed Trinity?

The mystery of the Blessed Trinity is the mystery of three Persons in One God.

15. Why do we call it a mystery?

We call it a mystery because it is beyond our understanding and we believe it through faith.

16. What is baptism?

Baptism is a sacrament in which we first receive the life and love of God.

17. What is a sacrament?

A sacrament is an outward sign given to us by Jesus and by which we receive grace.

18. What is grace?

Grace is the gift of God's life to us.

19. Why do we need grace?

We need grace to lead good lives and get to heaven.

20. How many sacraments are there?

There are seven sacraments, namely:

Baptism

Reconciliation (Confession)

Eucharist (Holy Communion)

Confirmation

Matrimony

Holy Orders

Anointing of the Sick


No comments:

Post a Comment