Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Needing Reassurance? God is our Rock and Salvation



Dear God, Creator of All,

I am feeling so anxious right now. Something has happened ( . . . here tell Him what the problem is) and I am so scared. I am not sure how things will go, and I don't know what to do. I am panicking, my heart is racing, my mouth is dry and my hands feel damp. I need to take a big breath and calm down, and I just don't know how to do it. Please help me in my hour of need. Give me the calmness to face the problem, the strength to deal with it, the courage to take any steps that need to be taken.

I feel as if others do not know or appreciate how I feel, and how the situation is affecting me. Please grant me the grace to be patient with them, courteous in speech, and calm in manner. Deat God, I trust in You. Please help me at this difficult time.

Perhaps I have not turned to you before, but I'm turning to you now. I need a rock in my life, as I am in a whirlpool and don't know how to get out.

Your son / your daughter


Dear Son / Daughter,

I am thrilled you have turned to me. Of course I will help you. Look at the problem from my perspective. From all eternity I look and see that everything can be handled if people listen to each other, face up to the situation, and take step after step to deal with it. You are surely not alone. Look around you. Do you have even one friend in your situation now to whom you can turn to in order to talk about the problem?  Is there someone you can turn to for comfort, reassurance and advice? Perhaps there is a respected person in your community to whom you can go for guidance. And there is always Me - so interested in all you are doing, and in all that is happening to you. I see this situation, and truly I have many great graces; invite my Strength and Power into your life, and I will do what I can to help.

I am the Rock in your life. No matter what happens, how bad it gets, how difficult it seems, let me shoulder the burden with you. You are never alone. Dearest one, why not light a candle at 
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng
I have most certainly heard your prayer, and the symbol of your lighted candle of prayer before my sight will perhaps comfort you greatly. Let me comfort you at this difficult time. I am your Father; you are my child.  Let us work through this together.

Your loving Father God

My soul finds rest in God alone;
  my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my Rock and my Salvation:
  He is my fortress, I will never be
          shaken.
                     Old Testament, Psalm 62, verses 1 and 2

My salvation  and my honour depend on 
       God;
 He is my mighty Rock, my refuge.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
  pour out your heart to Him
  for God is our Refuge.
                    Old Testament, Psalm 62, verses 7 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment