Sunday, May 6, 2012

Prayer in Desperation



A Letter


Dear God,


I am in the winter of my soul. I am alone. My friends are gone. I have health problems, and the bank is wanting to foreclose on me. It looks as if my marriage is on the rocks. I don't see any way out. I feel worthless and more alone than at any other time of my life. I am hurting deep within so badly, that my emotional pain is as strong as any physical pain. Please tell me what to do. I am absolutely desperate. And anyhow, where are You? You were supposed to be a caring God. I don't even feel you near anymore. Are you even real? If you are, please show me what to do.


Desperate,
Earth

A Return Letter
My beloved Desperate,


I know you are in the winter of your soul. I know all about your problems. What concerns me most is that you feel worthless. You! My beloved child! Worthless? You are more precious to me than gold or silver. I incarnated on earth so I could be your friend by understanding what you are going through better than if I had just stayed in my eternal Home. Of course I will tell you what to do. Lean on Me. We will face your marriage partnership - together. We will talk to the Bank - together. We will visit the Doctor - together. We will deal with your hurt - together. We will find new friends, and perhaps ones that won't just be 'fairweather friends' - you guessed it - together.


You see this path of snow in winter? I struggled up paths in the cold weather with cold feet and numb fingers in my earthly incarnation. I really couldn't believe that my creation could be this cold... it is one thing making the weather and the wondrous earth and all the complexities that go into ensuring creation works like clockwork and doesn't get blown out of the universe by the various asteroids that wander along through my creation from time to time. It's certainly another to be struggling along in the miserable wet and icy cold, feeling as if your human nose is going to fall off in the freeze. Yes, incarnating certainly was an eye-opener. But I'm getting off the point - you'll notice, I do that a lot, Desperate. It's because I enjoy your company so much, I feel I can just keep on talking to you. Oh wait! I think you'll have guessed the truth by now - you were quite right in your assessment of your problems, except for one; your friends have not all gone. Your best friend is still here, and has absolutely no intention of budging from your side until you get through this in one piece...


Well. The picture. The path of snow in winter. If you just keep on walking up to the top, you can't see me but I'm just sitting on the bench around the corner waiting for you to arrive. We''ll walk on together, and we can talk about your issues. I always find that when you talk out a problem, well, just getting it off your chest and getting some ideas about it makes the problem seem much less intense. You will excuse me not coming down the hill to walk up with you, I'm just sorting out a problem elsewhere in the universe which one of the angels has brought to me. Ah! Sorted! Are you coming? I'm waiting...


Oh. Just one more thing before I sign off,
I really love you.


Your loving Companion
The Creator God 




No comments:

Post a Comment