Sunday, October 24, 2021

PRAYER IN THANKSGIVING FOR CONCEPTION

 

IN PREPARATION FOR MOTHERHOOD AND FOR YOUNG MOTHERHOOD

PRAYER IN THANKSGIVING FOR CONCEPTION

I rejoice in my conception, Lord, and I give thanks that the father of my little one and I have been chosen to share in the work of Your love. In Your great and tender wisdom, You do not wish to multiply the human family by Your power alone. You allow us, Your humble creatures, to share in Your creative might. The soul of our tiny baby will be Your work alone; our baby’s body will be Your work and ours, too, for we are the father and mother.

But, soul and body, this little one will be our companion forever as well as Yours. May this child ever remind us that You and we have worked lovingly side by side.

How can I ever return sufficient thanks for this great honour? I offer humbly my homage and heartfelt devotion.  

 

With thanks to “In Preparation for Motherhood and for Young Motherhood”, publishing details unknown. Pages 15 - 16


No comments:

Post a Comment